06 Apr 10 ways to take care of the kids section in your restaurant
If you’re a restaurateur, then you know that catering to kids can be the key to success. After all, if there’s one thing parents will do for their kids, it’s take them out to eat! As much as your restaurant provides delicious food and an inviting atmosphere for adults, paying special attention to what your youngest guests need can make all the difference in boosting sales -especially during family dinners or weekend brunch. Keep reading!
11 tips on how you can effectively manage the kids section in your restaurant like a pro!
1. Get creative with the menu: Kids get bored easily, so make sure there’s plenty of variety for them in the form of kid-friendly dishes. Create a separate kids menu featuring items such as kid-sized pizza, mini burgers, and pasta dishes that are easy to eat.
2. Include coloring pages or puzzles: Keep the little ones occupied by providing crayons and activity sheets that they can do while waiting for their food to arrive at the table. This will help keep them entertained and prevent boredom while they wait!
3. Put together an awesome kids corner: Place a special corner in your restaurant where your younger guests can play with toys and watch movies on a tablet or project a cartoon on the wall. This will make them feel special and they’ll be sure to come back again!
4. Have a designated kids night: Promote a weekly or monthly event just for kids, with special activities such as face painting, balloon art, and clowns that can perform magic tricks. This will give your little customers something to look forward to every time they come in!
5. Offer discounts: Who doesn’t like saving money? Offering discounts, coupons, or freebies to families who bring their kids along is a great way to increase customer loyalty and keep those kiddos coming back again and again.
6. Give away prizes: Kids are always excited about winning prizes and goodies. Prepare small gifts for each child or set up a raffle and offer something really awesome as the grand prize!
7. Utilize technology: Install interactive tables with educational games that kids can enjoy, such as math quizzes, memory games, etc. You can even add music videos that they can watch while they eat.
8. Make it fun: Decorate your restaurant with kid-friendly art and décor. Hang up colorful artwork on the walls and use kid-sized furniture that’s comfortable for them to sit in. Have someone dressed up in a funny costume like a clown or superhero to greet guests at the door and take pictures with them -it’ll make their visit truly memorable!
9. Provide healthy options: Give your little customers the opportunity to make healthy choices by offering nutritious dishes such as salads, veggie wraps, fruit cups, and yogurt parfaits.
10. Have a great staff: The people you hire will determine how good the service is at your restaurant. Make sure they’re friendly, knowledgeable in child psychology and able to handle kids with patience and understanding. They should be excellent role models for young guests and provide top-notch service that keeps them coming back!
With so many ways to provide for the younger set, we’re sure that you’ll be able to make the kiddos happy when they come into your restaurant (How to create a kid-friendly restaurant). Adding these kids section touches will bring a spark of happiness to families, making them feel at home. From family-friendly walls that draw in their attention to activities that keep them entertained while they wait, it’s simple as 1-2-3. And what do all little ones want after a meal? A toy to take home! With an expanded menu and prizes waiting at the end of their dining experience, families are sure to want more visits to your restaurant; bringing even more success and growth with each coming year!
** Easter is around the corner, we have restaurants that are kids friendly and also accommodate the whole family. You can make a reservation on our platform here.
YOU MAY LIKE THIS