In a restaurant, it is nearly impossible to predict who will be coming through the door. Pregnant women, however, are a special case. They often have specific needs that must be taken into account in order to ensure a pleasant dining experience. Read on for fourteen tips for handling pregnant diners.
Tips for handling pregnant diners
1. Be aware of their needs: Pregnant women often have specific dietary needs, so it is important to be aware of what they are before they come into the restaurant. This way, you can make sure that you have the appropriate food on hand to accommodate them.
2. Make them feel welcome: Pregnant women should feel welcome in your restaurant. Give them a warm greeting and let them know that you are happy to have them dining with you.
3. Offer them a seat: Pregnant women often feel uncomfortable standing for long periods of time. Offering them a seat will help them feel more comfortable and relaxed.
4. Bring them a drink: Dehydration is a common issue for pregnant women. Bring them a glass of water or another non-alcoholic beverage to help them stay hydrated.
5. Ask if they have any dietary restrictions: Many pregnant women have specific dietary restrictions due to their pregnancy. Ask if they have any restrictions before making any recommendations.
6. Offer Healthy Options: Pregnant women often have cravings, but it is important to offer them healthy options as well. Suggest dishes that are high in protein and low in fat.
7. Be mindful of their portion sizes: Pregnant women often need smaller portions than the average person. Keep this in mind when plating their food so they don’t end up with too much.
8. Avoid anything that could trigger nausea: Nausea is a common issue for pregnant women, especially in the first trimester. Avoid any strong smells or foods that could trigger nausea.
9. Offer them some ginger: Ginger is a common remedy for nausea and can be helpful for pregnant women. Offer them some ginger ale or another drink with ginger if they seem nauseous.
10. Let them know about any special deals: Pregnant women are often on a budget due to the added costs of pregnancy. Let them know about any special deals or discounts you may have so they can save money.
11. Ask if they need anything else: Pregnant women often have specific needs that must be met in order to have a comfortable dining experience. Ask if they need anything else before they leave so you can ensure their needs are met.
12. Thank them for coming: Pregnant women often appreciate when businesses go out of their way to accommodate them. Thank them for coming and let them know you hope they enjoyed their experience.
13. Offer to help them to their car: Pregnant women often have trouble walking long distances. Offer to help them to their car (if they are alone) so they don’t have to walk too far.
14. Ask for feedback: Pregnant women are often the best source of feedback when it comes to accommodating their needs. Ask for their feedback so you can improve the experience for future pregnant diners.
Pregnancy is a time when many women are more mindful of their food choices (This article would also be helpful). As a restaurateur, it’s important to be prepared for pregnant customers and to know how you can best accommodate them. By following these basic tips, you can ensure that your pregnant diners have an enjoyable and satisfying experience at your establishment. Have you ever had a pregnant customer? What did you do to make her feel comfortable? Let us know in the comments below!
As a pregnant diner, are you in search of a restaurant that could accommodate your needs? Then look no further than the restaurants on the Dinesurf platform. Click here now!
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
- The Best 6 Ideal Solo Date Restaurants Perfect for you
- Featuring: Oyster Bay – An Exceptional and Affordable Fine Dining Haven
- 5 intriguing hidden gem restaurants in Kenya to discover
- 7 Captivating Restaurants in Abuja That Offer Stunning Ambiance
- 6 Powerhouse restaurants in Gwarimpa, Abuja for the best experience
- 6 Vibrant Restaurants in Kenya for Cocktails