29 Jul Dining in the Dark
Dining in the dark is an experience like no other. Whether you’re looking to spice up your date night or just want to try something new, this is definitely the activity for you. And who knows, you might even find yourself enjoying the food more than you thought possible. Here are a few tips to make the most of your dining in the dark experience.
1. Choose a dark restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere. You want to be able to focus on the food and not worry about being disturbed. Not all restaurants offer this particular service, so make sure to do a proper research and choose the best out (by reading the reviews) of all the options.
2. Make sure to come with an open mind. This is a new experience, so there’s no way to know exactly what to expect. Just go in expecting the unexpected and you’ll be sure to have a good time.
3. Dress for the occasion. This simply means wearing clothes that you don’t mind getting a little bit messy. You’ll likely be eating with your hands, so it’s best to avoid anything too delicate. And if you’re worried about tripping in the dark, consider wearing shoes with a good grip.
4. Be prepared for some surprises. With no light to guide you, you may find that some of your food ends up in surprising places. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
5. Make sure you’re comfortable with your date. This is someone you’re going to be spending a lot of time with in the dark, so you want to make sure there’s a good rapport.
6. Be adventurous. Try some new dishes that you’ve never had before. You might be surprised at how much you like them. Just make sure to ask the right questions before placing your order.
7. Take your time. There’s no rush when you’re dining in the dark. Savor each and every bite of your meal.
8. Be sociable. Dining in the dark is a great opportunity to get to know your fellow diners or your date better. So don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation. It makes the experience a whole better and not boring.
9. When ordering, think about how the food will taste in the dark. You might want to go for dishes with bolder flavors so you can still enjoy them even if you can’t see them.
10. Be patient. It might take a little time to get used to eating in the dark, but eventually you’ll be able to navigate your way around a plate of food like a pro. Enjoy the experience!
11. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. The waitstaff at these restaurants are used to dining in the dark and will be more than happy to assist you. If you’re having trouble finding your food, they can probably guide you in the right direction. You should also let your server know if you have any food allergies or preferences. This way, they can make sure to accommodate you.
12. Do it with family or friends. If you do not have a date, dining in the dark can also be fun with friends and family. Some restaurants even offer group packages. Just make sure to reserve in advance!
13. Take pictures. This is an experience you will never forget. Make sure to take some pictures to remember this experience.
Dining in the dark is a unique experience that can be fun for all of your senses (You can see an example here). It’s also a great way to get out of your comfort zone and try something new. Have you ever dined in the dark? If not, we recommend giving it a try – you may be surprised at how much you enjoy it!
YOU MAY LIKE THIS