05 Dec Survival tips for restaurateurs during detty December
If you’re a restaurateur, then you know that detty december is the time of year when business really starts to pick up. But with all the extra customers and holiday festivities, it can be easy to let your guard down and make some costly mistakes. That’s why we’ve put together this list of survival tips to help you make it through the season unscathed. So read on, and good luck!
10 survival tips for restaurateurs include:
1. Prepare your staff: Make sure your staff is adequately prepared for the holiday rush. Determine staffing needs beforehand and train them on any new procedures or changes to existing ones. Teach them how to handle difficult customers, maximize check sizes with suggestive selling strategies, and be proactive in managing unexpected demands and customer requests.
2. Streamline operations: The holidays don’t have to mean chaos in your restaurant. Take the time now to streamline processes like prepping, stocking & inventorying so that you can focus on providing quality customer service during peak times. Automate tasks such as ordering supplies and scheduling staff so that you can reduce human error and save time.
3. Embrace technology: Technology is a great way to streamline processes and cut costs during busy times. Consider investing in an app or software that can help manage reservations, orders, and other tasks quickly and efficiently. Dinesurf can also assist you in this aspect, click here to start with us today.
4. Plan ahead: It’s always wise to plan ahead when it comes to food prep, staffing, inventory management, and other aspects of running a restaurant – but especially during detty december! Make sure you know exactly what needs to be done each day and set realistic goals for yourself and your team.
5. Get creative: Think outside of the box when it comes to marketing your restaurant. Create special offers or discounts to attract customers and entice them to come back a second time. Try offering seasonal items to spice up your menu offerings.
6. Get organized: Take the time before the holiday rush begins to review all of your systems and procedures so that everything is running smoothly when demand picks up. Make sure you have enough inventory on hand for both regular items as well as specials. Prepare for the influx of customers by checking your stock, updating menus and increasing staff.
7. Stay flexible: No matter how well you plan for the holidays, things don’t always go as expected. Remain flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes in demand or customer requests in order to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.
8. Enhance the customer experience: Show your appreciation for customers who come back year after year with a special treat or offer. Provide personalized service and get creative with activities like holiday-themed trivia nights, gift exchanges, or cooking classes that will keep them coming back again and again!
9. Be prepared for emergencies: Make sure your restaurant is stocked up on emergency items such as first aid kits, extra paper towels, and other supplies you may need in case of an emergency. Have a plan for any potential issues that might arise, such as power outages or food poisoning cases.
10. Don’t overwork yourself: It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season—but make sure to take time for yourself too! Make sure to schedule breaks throughout the day so that you can recharge your batteries and return with renewed energy.
December is the busiest time of year for restaurants. If you want to survive Detty December, follow these survival tips listed and by being mindful of the potential challenges that come with increased business during the holidays, you can set your restaurant up for success. What other survival tips would you add to this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
- Valentine’s Day Dos and Don’ts for Restaurant Guests
- Throwing a kid’s party at a restaurant? Things to do
- Nigerian Christmas traditions that will get you in the festive spirit
- Dining out during the Christmas holidays: top 10 tips
- How to prepare for the Christmas season as a diner
- 10 Lagos Rooftop restaurants to visit this December