There are many different types of restaurant staff in Nigeria. Some work front of house, while others work in the kitchen. In this article, we will look at the different roles and responsibilities of each type of staff member. We will also discuss how to be a good team player and what to do if you encounter a problem at work. So, whether you are an experienced restaurant worker or just starting out, read on to learn more about the different types of restaurant staff in Nigeria.
Different types of restaurant staff in Nigeria
– Front of house staff
The front of house staff are the first people that customers will encounter when they enter a restaurant. They are responsible for greeting customers, taking their orders, and serving them food and drinks. Front of house staff must be friendly and polite at all times, as they are the face of the restaurant. They should also be able to upsell dishes and drinks, as this can increase the restaurant’s profits.
– Kitchen staff
The kitchen staff are responsible for preparing food and drinks, as well as keeping the kitchen clean. They must work quickly and efficiently to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner. Kitchen staff should also be able to take direction from the head chef, as well as follow health and safety regulations.
– Head chef
The head chef is responsible for the overall running of the kitchen. They will create menu items, as well as oversee the preparation of food. The head chef must be able to work under pressure and have a good knowledge of food safety regulations.
– Cleaning staff
The cleaning staff are responsible for keeping the restaurant clean, both front of house and in the kitchen. They will empty bins, sweep floors, and wipe down surfaces. Cleaning staff must be diligent and hardworking, as a dirty restaurant can lead to customers leaving in disgust.
These are the different types of restaurant staff in Nigeria. Each staff member has their own specific responsibilities, but it is important for everyone to work together as a team. If you are ever having a problem at work, be sure to speak to your manager or another member of staff. With good communication and teamwork, any problem can be solved.
Next question one may have is: “How can I be a good team player?”
The answer is:
– Be punctual and present for your shifts. If you are not there, the rest of the team has to pick up the slack. This can lead to resentment from your co-workers.
– Pull your weight. Don’t expect others to do your job for you. If everyone does their fair share, it will make things run more smoothly.
– Be a good communicator. If you don’t understand something, ask questions. If there is a problem, speak up. Good communication is essential for any team to function properly.
– Be positive and upbeat. A positive attitude will make your shifts more enjoyable for everyone involved.
– Follow the rules. There are usually rules in place for a reason. If you break them, it can cause problems for the whole team.
These are just a few tips on how to be a good team player. If everyone in a restaurant works together as a team, it will run more smoothly and efficiently. Customers will also have a better experience, as they will be served by staff who are working well together.
There you have it! This is everything you need to know about the different types of restaurant staff in Nigeria and how you can be a good team player. Restaurant work can be challenging, but it can also be rewarding. So, if you are up for the challenge, get out there and start working in a restaurant!
***Being a restaurant staff in Nigeria comes with its own perks, especially because there is a lot of lessons you could learn from working in a restaurant. Read some of them here.
***If you are a restaurateur currently looking to hire more staff at your establishment, you should also sign up on a platform like Dinesurf to reach more people. Start with us today by clicking on this link.
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
- 15 Proven Tips for Restaurant Funding and Financial Mastery
- Why Hospitality Consultants are Important: An In-depth Look
- The Best 20 Vital Advantages of Enlisting a Restaurant Consultant
- 10 Vital Kitchen Tools to Empower Your Restaurant’s Effectiveness
- Father’s Day: A Guide for Restaurateurs to Make it Extra Special
- 12 Simple Steps to Ensuring Maximum Security in Your Restaurant