14 Mar 13 Popular chefs to look out for in Nigeria
Do you want to experience the best in Nigerian cuisine? With so many talented chefs operating in the country, it can be hard to keep track of who’s cooking up something special. To help narrow down your choices, we’ve rounded up a list of 13 popular chefs to look out for in Nigeria. From veteran professionals with decades of experience and time-honoured recipes to young newcomers making waves in the culinary industry – these are some of the most sought-after chefs currently serving exquisite dishes across Nigeria. Read on to learn more about their unique styles, signature dishes and what makes them stand out within Nigeria’s vibrant food scene!
These popular chefs include:
- Chef Fregz: Gbubemi Fregene, popularly known as Chef Fregz, is a well-known chef and caterer in Nigeria. He has cooked for several high-profile clients and events, and also owns his own restaurant and also the founder of DVARD Catering Service. He also has a feature on Wikipedia where you can also check out to read more about him.
- Chef Eros: Tolulope Erogbogbo, popularly known as Chef Eros is a Nigerian chef and food blogger who has made a name for himself with his unique approach to African cuisine. He has also appeared on several cooking shows and competitions.
- Chef Stone: Abiola Akanji popularly known as Chef Stone is one of the popular chefs in Nigeria who specializes in traditional Nigerian cuisine. He has cooked for several high-profile clients and events, and also runs his own culinary school (Red Dish Chronicles). He also owns a restaurant called The Burgundy. Lovers of fine dining should take out time to visit this restaurant, their customer service down to the meals and drinks are incredible. Reservation is mandatory at The Burgundy, to make a reservation now, click here.
- Chef Benedict: Benedict Okuzu, popularly known as Chef Benedict, is a Nigerian chef and food blogger who has gained a large following with his creative approach to food. He is known as the custodian of Italian cuisines.
- Chef Imoteda: Tomi Imoteda Aladekomo is a Nigerian chef and food consultant who has worked with several international brands and has been featured in various media outlets for her culinary skills.
- Chef Fafa: Fafa Gilbert is a Nigerian chef and food blogger who has gained a large following for her creative take on African cuisine. specialises in fusion African cuisine, where she mixes both African, Asian and Western ingredients together to create her own recipes. She is also a food stylist and recipe developer.
- Ozoz Sokoh: Popularly known as the ‘Kitchen Butterfly’. A writer and food explorer who has been documenting African cuisine over the last couple of years, she is most passionate about food fusion. She is well known for her for her challenging and unusual recipes. Ozoz created ‘The New Nigerian Kitchen’ – a platform which celebrates Nigerian cuisine.
- Chef Alex: Alex Oke is a Nigerian-Russian chef who has worked in several high-profile restaurants and hotels in Nigeria and abroad. He is a Lagos based chef who is passionate about bread, pastry and confections.
- Chef Muse: Muneera Tahir is a sous chef and the Chef instructor at Red Dish Chronicles, one of Nigeria’s leading culinary schools. Chef Muse’s love for cooking began in her grandmother’s kitchen and led her to complete a Chef’s Diploma in Cuisine and Patisserie at Red Dish Chronicles (RDC) in 2016.
- Chef Elegbede: MICHAEL ELÉGBÈDÉ is a Nigerian chef and Head Chef at ÌTÀN Test Kitchen, Michael Elegbede, grew up in a family of chefs. He has worked in several high-end restaurants and hotels in Nigeria and abroad. He is also a food activist and runs a farm-to-table restaurant.
- Chef Tony: Tony Okoduwa, also known as Chef Tony, is a Nigerian chef and food consultant, who is known for his innovative and healthy cooking style.
- Chef Tunde: Tunde Wey is a Nigerian chef and food entrepreneur but based in New Orleans, he is known for his innovative pop-up dinners and culinary events.
- Chef Nkesi: Nkesi Enyioha, also known as Chef Nkesi, is a Nigerian chef and food consultant, who is known for her innovative and healthy cooking style. She is also the owner of HSE Gourmet, a restaurant in Lekki area of Lagos State.
These popular chefs have made significant contributions to the Nigerian culinary scene and have gained a large following with their unique approach to African cuisine. They continue to inspire and influence the next generation of chefs in Nigeria.
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
- How to make sure your restaurant is ready for Easter
- 11 Benefits of a digital menu system for your restaurant
- 15 tips on how to revive a dormant restaurant
- How to write a restaurant business plan – 10 Tips
- International Women’s Day – How to Celebrate With Your Team & Customers
- 10 Popular topics restaurant guests love to discuss